VB program for creating MDI application
This is an application program, that demonstrates about MDI application
1. Start a new project by selecting file->new project. Select standard EXE as the project type if you have the project wizard enabled.
2. You will already a have a form in the project. Set its name property to formchild and its caption property to MDI child.
3. To create the MDI parent form, right click the forms folder in the project Explore and select add ->MDI form. If the form wizard appears, select MDI form.
4. Set the name property to formMDI and the caption property to MDI parent to MDI parent.
5. Right click project1 in the project Explorer and select project1 properties from the top-up menu. Set the startup object list to form MDI. If you omit this, the application will start with the child form showing.
6. Select form child from the project Explorer. Set the form’s MDI child property to true. This will case this form, which is the child, to rest inside of the MDI parent container.
7. Select form MDI the project Explorer.
8. Start the menu designer by selecting tools->Menu Editor. You will see a window like the one in
9. Type & file in the caption field.
10. in the name field, type menufile.
11. Click the next button.
12. Click the arrow right button.
13. Enter & new in the caption field.
14. in the name field, type menunew.
15. Click the ok button to close the Menu Editor.
16. The form MDI from should now have a file menu on it. Select file ->New from the MDI menu. this will open up the window.
17. In the private sub menu file New-click () event, type the following lines of code:
18. Save and Run the project.
Private Sub menunew_Click (Index As Integer)
Dim Form As New formchild